Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jaiia Earthschild



Jaiia Earthschild is a Bard:
Who? A What? Jaiia? Well 'Jaiia' means 'daughter of Gaia'... a name given by a pod of humpback whales one very deep season of vision questing. a rough translation is ‘Earthschild’ - also Earth's shield if one is German.
And Bard? Well, her roots are Celtic. The Druids trained their poets and musicians very carefully into Bards. Mystical artists of sound and word. She is definitely that.
She has also been called: a Sexual MusEcologist, a visionary bard, a madwoman,
a priestess, a genius, a fool, a goddess, a teacher, a shaman, a woman, an angel (it's the lyre that fool's 'em) also: poet, composer, activist, mystic, storyteller, mythmaker, writer, recording artist, dancer and techno-global citizen.
She has never been called a traditionalist nor conservative…well maybe a conservationist
So many things - all true and none of them true... so let her speak for herself:

""Who am I? I am of the earth. I am of the heavens. I love to sit in stillness.
London born, Australia educated, I live in Hawaii and travel the world as a singer/songwriter and educator.
All these things influence and shape what I compose: I have played music and danced since infancy. I have independently recorded five albums of original music and a rock opera and have produced numerous works of music theater.
I play the lyre, piano and guitar and sing into and from the wild places of my soul.

I have taught children and adults since age 17, conducted choirs and worked as a therapist of mind, body and soul. I love to teach a group how to sound beautifully together or teach a woman how to honor her sexual nature, or assist a child to access their innate genius.

I no longer perceive schools to be an effective learning medium for kids. I seek a better alternative, as education is a key for freedom and the future of humanity if it is done right

I have performed since childhood on four continents - in halls, living rooms, schools, colleges, cathedrals, TV, radio, council chambers, in gutters for homeless folk, for royalty (in the gutter for a prince early one new year's morning) but I have as much relationship with the music industry as with the military & the world bank. I sing the truth in odd places like city council chambers and in naval hearings on LFA sonar with choirs and drums and didgeridoo…eco-activist stuff: peace marches and rallies for human rights.

I have spent more seasons of life in nature or in silence than I have spent in civilization’s time zones. And yet I love New York City as I love Maui and Byron Bay, Australia. And best of all I love places where no human has ever been - not even me
My heart’s devotion is to the Natural world - for her I sing, speak write and tremble
I work for trees, whales and all kinds of wildlife - even weeds.

Yet I heard on 911, humanity's cry for help. When we are healed, the earth will be fine.
So I completed a rock opera:
'OurStory – Love, Sex & Violets' (http://www.Earthschild.com/rockopera.html)
The culmination of 20 years of prophetic composing. And I toured the one woman show of the opera for 18 months. While Bush was bombing I was singing, hoping one day a song would stop the bombs – well hopefully soon it will (!)

My favorite tools are really intelligent computers & fine instruments and, finest tool of all, the Human Body.

I am a student of consciousness. The way the mind/ body/ soul heals itself is a metaphor for our innate ability to handle the challenges we have created in society, the environment and amongst all living creatures. I have found music to be a very powerful tool in this realm.

Qualifications? Yes, some in music, therapy, enlightened education, sexual healing and mind/body therapies: hypnosis, belief clearing, quantum consciousness etc.
Experience?
You’d probably not believe me if I told you half of it... but if you read the stories on my site you will get some impressions (http://www.Earthschild.com/gaiaisyourmother.html)

I am free Are you?""


THE HEALING ARTS
OF SOUND & SONG
Jaiia Earthschild-Techau 808-876-0707

No comments:

Post a Comment